Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ouran Host Club live action movie casting

WARNING: I'll be ranting senseless.

So, I just recently discovered that there's an Ouran Host Club Live Action Movie that was showed in Japan. I am really fond of the manga series and read it over 2 years ago. If you haven't read the manga or at least watched the anime, I suggest you give it a try. The story is really funny and light. I was so excited and checked out the casts... and left me dismayed T_T

Anyway, here's their cast for the live action movie:

from upper left > Kyoya - Takashi - Mitsukuni - Hikaru - Kaoru - forgot the hooded one - (sitting) Haruhi - Tamaki

And here's the original anime version of Ouran Host Club:

from behind the couch > Takashi- Kaoru - Kyoya - Hikaru - Tamaki (on couch) - Mitsukuni - Hikaru

Okay.

First off, I haven't seen the movie. But judging on their pictures and video clips, I knew that the actor for Kyoya is perfect (portrayed by Shunsuke Daito). Very spot on. Takashi is good (portrayed by Masaya Nakamura). Haruhi is okay (portrayed by Haruna Kawaguchi). Mitsukuni is... okayyyy, but can be better (portrayed by Yudai Chiba). They should have used a 14-year-old who can act well.



Here's the part where I really have a problem: Kaoru and Hikaru (portrayed by Manpei Takagi and Shinpei Takagi). Okay. Maybe it really is hard to get actors that looked alike but... but... it really doesn't make any justice to the character. AND! The gorgeous Tamaki (portrayed by Yusuke Yamamoto)! It would have made sense if they cast Shirota Yuu for Tamaki since they are both half Asian-half westerner.


I KNOW RIGHT?? RIGHT?? RIGHT???? You melt right away, right?


I'm old for this but my squealing and giggling hasn't died down after 2 years since I last saw him. Just look at him. Isn't he the perfect Tamaki?? No one can deny that. How can they miss this?

Just imagine how Kyoya and Tamaki will face off for Haruhi if Shirota Yuu has Tamaki's role:

Tamaki versus Kyoya


OH HOT HOT HOT!!

I'm so sorry. I lost my will to write everything I thought about the live action series. I'm really overwhelmed with emotions right now just by looking at them. Excuse me while I end my blog entry here. I can't concentrate right now. It's impossible to contain my squealing... it's just... squeeeee!! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment