Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Symphony of Lights and Sounds - Ayala Triangle Makati


November 22, 2013


It's Thanksgiving holiday last week in America and luckily, I get to feel the same long weekend as Americans had. My account at my work is American-based so, that's it. Tee-hee.

I want to make sure I maximize my long weekend by being productive and do the things I haven't done for a while. And since I haven't seen the "Christmas Lights and Sounds" show and display in Ayala Triangle that I have been hearing about, I decided I should go and see it. Good thing my boyfriend works at Ayala Tower 1, just beside Ayala Triangle so it's a win-win: I get to see him and I get to see the Christmas display.

I live in Cavite province so I traveled for 2 hours just to get to the bustling city of Makati where Ayala Triangle is. But when I saw the Lights and Sounds Christmas show, the travel was worth it. 

How to get there from Cavite:
- Take a bus or jeep that will go past Baclaran Coastal
- Get off at Baclaran and take the bus with the sign "Ayala Leveriza"
- Get off at Paseo. If you don't know where Paseo is, just ask the bus conductor to tell you when to get off. I remember when I asked the bus conductor "Manong, pakibaba naman po ako sa Paseo." The good man asked, "Bubuhatin ba?". Hahaha. He got me there.
-Once you got off Paseo, just ask the guards around how to get to Ayala Triangle. When you see the gorgeous Christmas lights, that's it.



I arrived on Ayala Triangle at around 6:30, just in time for a show. The show runs every 30 minutes from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. It was amazing.

I get to watch the 6:30 show alone ('cause my boyfriend is still at work) and I really enjoyed it. The show was fun, and almost ethereal thanks to the orbs that seemed floating up and down around the park. It's like watching a fireworks show but up close, complete with lasers and smoke effects.  I especially like their Pinoy Christmas Carol medley. Maybe because they are so familiar and the light variations are very lively.



Every show within the 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. time is different. So if you stayed at the park within those hours, you're up with different Christmas show delights. Just prepare for the large crowd and the annoying body heat from people combined with the chilly Amihan wind. And if you are a commuter like me, prepare for a bloody  fight with other commuters for a ride home.



My boyfriend emerged from Ayala Tower 1 where he worked and it's almost time for the 7:00 show. My plan is to watch the show inside the garden but my boyfriend is really not in the mood (he's feeling dizzy and hungry) and the crowd for him is suffocating. I imagine because he's tired from work. It's kind of disappointing. I wanted to watch the show inside the garden where the crowds gather. I traveled miles just to see this and I got stuck tending for him and watching the show outside the garden. But I'm still happy to see and bond with him. Next time, I'll make sure I'm with someone who's game for anything.

After watching, we ventured out on where to eat. He showed me where Landmark and Glorieta is while teasing me as "probinsyana" 'cause I'm easily fascinated with the city's surroundings. Well, I came from Cavite so that makes me a "probinsyana". But really, I'm just easily amused 'cause it's my first time there and I missed walking around Makati.

Lights and Sounds - Ayala Triangle Makati

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vernice,

    I would like ask you if we may use some of your photos above.

    We would like to either puchase non exclusive rights from you or give you credit for the picture we have chosen.

    Please contact me thru my email address: fdc.paoreyes@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this response is so late but yes please use the images you like and just credit it back to me. thanks

      Delete