Thursday, November 1, 2012

No Cost at All Halloween Costume

I'm broke. So I dressed up appropriately for this year's Halloween party at our office:


A HIPPIE!!

What you will need:
  • Psychedelic or Aztec long sleeved blouse. Good thing I have this in my closet. You can borrow from your aunt if you don't have one.
  • Ray Ban sunglasses. My late grandfather gave it to my dad. If you don't have one, an over-sized shades will do.
  • Headband. Mine was an Usamimi headband. I just tied the knot behind my head. Usamimi headband is light and has wire inside so it stays in place. It doesn't leave marks on your forehead too unlike other headbands. A simple lace is a good alternative.
  • Quirky accessories. Should I emphasize BEADS?? Lots of it. Wooden beads I prefer. I got my bead necklace from my mom. I'm rockin' the "STYLE ICON" necklace from my sister. Goes very well with my getup.
  • Messy hair. Everyday is a bad hair day for me so no effort on this one.
  • Peace sign. The most important of all. Hippies are all about peace. Google "hippie" and see the images that will come up.

Last year, I dressed up as a pirate. Sexy pirate. With booties and all:


The samurai is a makeshift from a curtain rod. I made it for my Shakugan no Shana cosplay. Maybe I'll post some of my cosplays here on my blog one day. The booties, the plaid skirt and the blouse are all from a thrift shop. Not bad, eh?


Our group’s theme last year was crew pirates. See the lady far on right? She’s portraying the witch Tia Dalma from the Pirates of the Caribbean. She made her costume out from curtains! Ingenious and resourceful. It’s a shame she didn’t win any award. And the lady beside me, she’s a mermaid literally without a top on. The boys in our office are ecstatic. She won the costume contest for her “realistic” portrayal. The man on my left won second place. Can you spot Luffy from One Piece?

No comments:

Post a Comment