Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My First Major International Order Part 1 : Asu Cheap Jewelry

My creative writing juices are not flowing right now but this has been long overdue so I should write it soon. I apologize in advance for the lack of intelligent descriptions if you ever read this.

So!

I own an awesome online shop on Facebook and I was thinking of things that I can add on my shop to sell. Well, accessories are in demand right now so I tried to buy some from Divisoria. At first, it was okay. But I want to explore my options so I decided to try "Asu Cheap Jewelry"







What can I say about them? Well, first of all, although their items seemed like from Korea, they are in fact from mainland China.
They have vast varieties of cute accessories for females. They're selling clothes too but the selections are small and limited. I think every week they have new items but I'm not too sure. Make sure you check the "Restock Items". That's where many cute items that were once out of stock are listed.

Signing up with them has some conveniences:

  • restock notices
  • adding accessories to your list of favorites so you don't have to search for them if you ever reorder.
  • The items on your cart will never be lost if you logged out.
  • You can see the list of your past orders with them.
  • AND, my favorite part of the feature; automatically converting their prices to your local currency. Such convenience!

Their minimum order requirement is $100 and the most convenient way to pay them is through PayPal. And since I'm not a fan of CCs to link my PayPal to, I enrolled for BPI e-Prepaid Card to order from them if you care to know. If you want to know what BPI e-Prepaid Card is, here's the blog that convinced me to get one.

So I went on ahead and selected the items I wanted (accessories, belts, trousers etc) and paid with PayPal. A confirmation e-mail was mailed with the tracking number from DHL. I was excited and happy. I feel like a mighty adult. Or so I thought.

I was excitedly checking my tracking number everyday. It's like checking the developments of Frodo's journey to Mount Doom and back to Shire. It took four days of delivery, processing and clearance. From:

  • ZHEJIANG PROVINCE - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC
  • EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC
  • HONG KONG - HONG KONG
  • and finally... MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE

PS: ASU customer service is really helpful. They don't have good English grammar skills but they answer my mails and chats in a timely manner.

It all went smoothly... until it reached Philippine Customs.


Next Part: All Hell Breaks Loose.. well, not all hell. BUT STILL!!

13 comments:

  1. hi .. is asujewelry legit? I'm reselling their items and it's my first time to do this. I just want to know if I could trust asu jewelry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. They are indeed legit. Just dont get your hopes up with the quality of their items. What you need to worry about is our CUSTOMS!

      Delete
  2. I have just read your response. haha. Thank you so much for the informations. How much did you pay for customs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you still buy from them ? I saw some bad reviews on Facebook and i'm little bit afraid to go with them !
    It's for delivering in France, i already check the customs.

    Thank you for your advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of bad reviews? In terms of their customer service, they are somewhat adequate. The real issue here is the quality of their products. You have to set your expectations really loooowwwwww....

      Delete
  4. I'm from Mexico, and let me know if they are legit, I don´t see your registration for any place, anyone who has bought in ASUJEWERLY?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean by you don't see my registration? As far as I know, they are legit by the time I wrote this blog.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought from them once and I never place 2ns order with them again since then..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why? What did you order? Disappointed by the quality arent you? :p

      Delete
  7. Plz help me i place order and will pay by westrn union help plz???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You for your review! Can you recommend any other sites?

    ReplyDelete