Sunday, March 24, 2013

Hair Blessing Rebond by Tony and Jackey - My Experience and Review

3/4/2013

I noticed myself tying my hair on a ponytail more often lately. For me, that's a sign that I need a new hairstyle. And then, I came across this deal from Metrodeal.com with Tony and Jackey's hair service. Deal is inclusive with:

  • hair blessing rebond/digital perm
  • hair keratin
  • haircut
  • 1k worth of gift check
For more info of the deal, click here.

I chose the Tony and Jackey SM Dasma branch. I tried the SM Bacoor branch twice already, and twice they disappointed me. Also, SM Bacoor branch only has 1 Korean and 3 Filipino stylists. SM Dasma has 3 Korean stylists (not that I'm being racist with my own Filipino people. It's called Korean salon for a reason).  I called them first to confirm if a Korean stylist would be there the day I visit the salon.

I printed out the voucher from MetroDeal and showed it to the salon receptionist. After minutes of verification, they finally accepted it and accommodated me into the salon. I love that they have lockers for their client's bags. SM Bacoor branch doesn't have one.


This is the only photo that I took of their salon




My stylist was Lucy, a Korean. She's as cute as a button and always has a smiling face. I like her personally. I also heard another girl who was styled by Lucy that she likes her too. She's really adorable and patient explaining me the pros and cons about the procedures I want to undergo despite the language barrier.

For people who were styled by Lucy, please give her a handsome tip. I didn't get a chance to bring extra money for tip 'cause I didn't expect she would give good service. Please! In behalf of me and my review T_T

According to them (and I think their reaction speaks for itself), my hair is in bad shape. My hair is thin and really dry from the digital perm and henna color it got last year. They are also falling all over the place. You might be thinking that they are exaggerating to market their products. But I have to admit, my hair is not in good condition. I said I want the Hair Blessing Rebond and the 1k GC to be used for volume rebond. They said they can't do the rebond since my hair is really damaged and curled together (I didn't comb my hair after my digital perm last year, not even once!). They said I should get the hair treatment to salvage the length of my hair. That means I should shell out 500 pesos and use my 1k GC (hair treatment is 1.5k). I slightly got impatient and said, "If my hair is problematic for you, then just cut off my hair". I have no plans to shell out any more cash for my hair that day.

Some info for you:
  • Volume Rebond is just a style on how they will iron your hair and not magically make your hair grow.
  • If you are wondering what Hair Blessing Rebond is, just click here. 

Here's what my hair looks like an hour before the treatment.



After washing my hair, Lucy looked at my hair again and strongly suggested to get the hair treatment to proceed with the rebonding. I asked them again how much it would be since I thought about how I wanted a long, straight hair. Now they're saying they won't charge anything for it. Uh... okayyy. So what are they saying earlier then? If that's the case, then I thought I'll just go ahead. Maybe they don't want to get a bad review.

>>FAST FORWARD

After lots of trips to the washing area, 2 times under the hair steamer machine, 4 hair treatments, under an hour of hair ironing, cutting, styling, smiles to Lucy... it took more than 4 hours to finish the procedure. Hair Blessing Rebond was done. The verdict?




My hair right now looked au naturel like it never came from a digital perm. It's perfectly not-so-perfectly straight. I dislike the stick-straight hair; the type that looked like a steamroller leveled it. They also retained the volume. I think they did a semi-volume rebond? I don't know. They're doing something on the roots of my hair when they're ironing it. They're making it "stand up" to make the "illusion of volume" so my hair won't look limpy. It's also soft to the touch. Must be because of the hair treatment they're recommending me.

I SUPER LOVE IT!! <3

Will I recommend this? YES. To everyone? Depends on budget.

But I believe there are things you need to consider first:
  • Good branch with good reviews. I don't know about the Dasma branch's review. I only got lucky with them.
  • Consider getting a Korean stylist. 
  • Budget! If you're in a budget, its okay if you reject the treatments they recommend for you. Just follow up with hair treatments to avoid further damage. I'm using Pure Beauty Treatment Conditioner with Camelia Seed Oil (click here for review). OR just go with the cheaper version of their rebond system; the Aqua or the L'Oreal type. Just make sure to wait for promos before you avail one (they ALWAYS have promos).


FOR COMPARISON with my Hunie Jovy:
At the left is my hair before with its former curly glory. And at the right is my hair 13 days after the hair blessing rebond. What'd you think looks better for me? :P





Leave a comment below about your Tony and Jackey experience. I would love to read about it :)

20 comments:

  1. omg you look gorgeous! it really suits you!! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think more guys notice me more now that my hair is straight. Maybe that's why my boyfriend wants my curled hair back. hahah.

      Delete
  2. hi! your blog is really fun to read :) I was wondering what happened with those accessories from ASU? were they good/average quality? and do you have any photos? I really want to order from them but I'm worried because the items are so cheap lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it was an overdue post. I'm thinking of posting it as EXPECTATION versus REALITY thing but I haven't got any chance to take pictures of the accessories. Maybe this month *fingers crossed* Thank you for asking :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for responding :) but were the accessories good though? I wanted to order this week, but I'm still a little apprehensive :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some are good especially the earrings. Some are bad. Some are really bad, they look like toys that I just gave those away for free to some of my customers. Just keep in mind that you get what you pay for :P

      Delete
  4. LOL okay thanks i'll keep that in mind haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice! and thank you so much for the reviews because i am planning to also a discount deal at Metrodeal Tony and Jackey and i'm really doing a research about this. what i wanna do is digi perm. I am so excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much if you find my review helpful. have fun :)

      Delete
  6. I'm currently at Tony and Jackey sm the block north edsa. I'm also using my metrode voucher.
    Upon inspection of my hair by a korean stylist, she also said that i have to pay an additional 1 k for the treatment. If not, my hair will not be shiny. They even asked me to sign waiver stating that they will not be hled responsible for any damage caused by the treatment. I told them that i didnt bring extra money. Will let you know later how it will turn out. Crossing my fingers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will turn out great. Just dont forget to follow up with good hair masks and hair conditioners. Have fun :)

      Delete
  7. Human hair growths add length and volume to your hair. They could be included halfway or weaved completely into the hair. There are various approaches to apply hair amplifications; nonetheless, weaving hair growths has ended up mainstream due enlarged wear and diminished harm to the filipino hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. hi girl. Is there anything I can help you with?

      Delete
  9. Hi sister. This is my Tony and Jackey experience.

    Yes, I've been hearing that they are very aggressive in selling products. There were even customers who got offended because according to them, people at TnJ are very blunt about telling you how your hair is so damaged, hence the need for this and that treatment, thus more money for them. I actually expected that. But there was none of it. I expected a hairstylist who would give me suggestions as to which hairstyle would suit my face, there was none. You pay 500 for a haircut that you could get anywhere, for a whole lot less.

    But that was not the real problem.

    I clearly asked for something that would make my hair straight, shiny and less frizzy. The lady offered me something that she said would make it softer. I reiterated that it's not softness that I want but straightness and gloss and smoothness. Then she said I should take the Hair manicure. Okay, she knows best about their services right, so I went with her recommendation.

    I first had them (permanent) dye my hair blue-black. The excitement of seeing blue peep through the black once stricken by light is something I have been dreaming for so long, and with added treatment ("that'll make my hair straight and smooth") I knew it would look great. After dyeing it blue-black, they washed my hair in preparation for the treatment. I WAS SURPRISED TO SEE THAT THEY WERE APPLYING ANOTHER COLOR TO MY HAIR -- DARK, VERY DARK BLACK. I asked if that would not cover the blue-black. The same lady who offered me the manicure answered blue-black is really just black so it would not make a difference.

    NO. My friend in college had a blue-black hair and everyone could definitely see that there was blue in the black. This is not the case for my hair, not even little blue can be observed.

    ***** I clearly asked for a hair color AND a treatment, not a hair color and another hair color on top of it. *****

    The bill was 5000.

    I asked the lady who was flat-ironing my hair to stop so the "hairstylist" would see which part of my hair flies away and make the necessary cut. She said my hair would be ugly if she stopped ironing it and even said that THERE'S NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE and that I should just ALWAYS put it in front of my shoulders.

    I hope they know how senseless it is to put another color on top of the hair color that they just applied. Apparently they don't. With 5000 I could've already gotten the Aqua Volume Rebond, I'd even pay for the X-tenso Loreal Rebond had it only been mentioned.

    Btw, my hair has returned to its previous color now, before the "permanent blue-black" and the very dark black hair manicure on top. 5000 pesos for bad services and treatments that only lasted for less than a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O geez.. What T&J branch did you go to? Is your stylist a Korean? Didn't they gave you a breakdown of your bill 'cause I do think 5k is a little expensive for a hair color and treatment. I do believe a good Tony and Jackey experience depends on the branch you're going to.

      I remember when I had my hair highlights with them. The color only lasted for some weeks - my violet hightlights turned to copper or rust color. I don't recommend having your hair colored with T&J since it's too expensive and the color fades too quickly. I don't know why. Its a joke.

      Delete
  10. Hi! May I ask what happened to T&J SM Bacoor? I'm planning to have my X-tenso Loreal Rebond there. But then you said they disappointed you twice. Now I'm already having second thoughts. :( haha. Should I really just go to SM Dasma? It's pretty far from my house tho. haha.

    ReplyDelete

  11. Hi miss. I thought volume rebonding is like straight hair for the upper part then some curls/soft curls for the bottom. Am I right? I'm planning to have that one since I don't want to have super straight hair because I have a natural wavy/curly hair. :( At least, I just want to fix the prizz/damaged hair and maintain wavy curls at the bottom. Can you answer my queries? And, do you think T&J Salon - SM Light Mall is a good branch? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am planning to get a promo on metrodeal T&J but I cant really decide since I have a very bad experience in T&J araneta center cubao. That was actually my first visit and got their coupon (the giveaway brochures) not the promo on metrodeal. The coupon stated that they have a 2k promo for both rebond and digiperm regardless the length of the hair. I was so happy about that since I have a very long hair. When I was in the salon to inquire about the digiperm, they approached and entertained me as if I am a VIP. But when I presented the coupon MY GOD! I can see to their faces that they dont want to entertain me at all. They said so many rude things about my hair. I admit it but saying it in a rude manner was so harsh and unproffessional. Especially the hairstylish who attended me. She is so arrogant that she even told me that even she doesnt attend customer`s hair, she would still have her sallary. She really inssisted not to do the digiperm because it could ruin my hair, my only choice is the keratin rebond and have a treatment and that would cost 4k! And my budget is only 2k. I really want my hair to get done so I approved her offer. On the proccess of getting my hair done, she still insulted me. Nakakairita! Everytime I see any T&J branch, I keep telling myself that I will not ever go to any T&J salon. My experience was traumatic.

    But in case I buy the promo on metrodeal, I would like to get my hair done in sm fairview branch. Is there anyone could give a review in sm fairview branch?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi. I was wondering how much did it cost you for your rebond? I have digi-permed hair since 2013 and I'm planning to have it straightened. (Hair is so damaged because of yearly digi perm. Hehe) I had it all done at Tony and Jackey SM North Annex. Did the ends of your hair appeared dried out after? Or anything like that? I have naturally thin hair that's why I opted for curls to make them look thicker but I'm afraid to get a rebond because it might become super straight, without any volume. Hope you can help me. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete