Monday, March 11, 2013

PXC Live MMA Action 2013 (Very late post)

*Geez, I can't believe this post has been sitting in my draft for weeks now.

February 16, 2013

Another one of my bucket list tipped off: Watch MMA Live!

Just last month, I tipped off another one of my bucket list which is attending a fun run. And now this? Why not make this a monthly habit? Haha.

Anyway, my colleague Rocel Jan (he prefers to be called RJ, go figure) asked me to tag along. I wasn't sure what to expect on an MMA event. I was imagining there would be a great deal of guys with bulging biceps will roam around the event. He also told me there would be free bottle of San Mig Strong Ice Beer. I don't drink so I asked if I can just take the bottle home. RJ laughed, saying bottles are not allowed since it can be thrown around if a fight breaks out. *gulp*

Here's my outfit for the event. Yeah, I'm going against the current by not looking cool and just be plain dorky.


We got the Lower Box section which costs 669.50 pesos. My friend said that the price is pretty low. Still... 





Gee, I was right when I pictured the event to be full of barakos. What I didn't expect is there were lots of girls too; in sexy and conyo outfits! Man, my getup was so out of place that night. When we were walking towards our seat, I can't help but look around and feast my eyes with the new things I see. Never mind me almost tripping with electric cables on the floor. When I saw the octagon cage, I just thought "This is it!".




What made the night action-filled were the undercard fights. All of them were won by submission. But boy! The fights had chock-full of turn-around surprises. When you thought the fight is already over, the losing contender suddenly turn the fight into their favor and actually win! The only regret we had was we were too distant from the octagon ring that we ended up watching on the big screen. Not a big deal 'cause we were seated next to unexpected celebrities. I also saw Jon Avila and Michelle Madrigal. 

  
Bernard Palanca and Gabby Alipe from Urbandub   

       
  Filipino-Danish welterweight Muay Thai kickboxer Ole Laursen with RJ. My friend said he wanted to fight him even though he knows he'll lose. Haha.


All in all, it was a fun night. Very exciting and all new for me. The action was intense and the crowd were really into the fights. I also finished a bottle of San Mig Strong Ice which, for me, is a feat (>.<) RJ also bought me a surprise: a shirt from the event. It's such a shame that I can't wear it when I go out 'cause it's too big for me. The shirt size says "small" though. Meh. Salesmen.





No comments:

Post a Comment