Monday, February 25, 2013

Run800 - 7Eleven Run (late post)

01/20/2013

Running a marathon is part of my bucket list. And since I'm such a frail little klutz, I decided I just go at least for a fun run. Here came Run800 by 7Eleven.

I was inspired by a co-worker Billie Jacob (known in the running world as Bajorky Niceman) who was a former chain smoker converted into a marathon man. I thought if he can do it, MAYBE I can. I listed myself for a 3-kilometer run. And after Run800's months of delays (I nearly tried to get a refund), the event pushed on.

I woke up 3:00 am (I forgot to mention that mama treated me with Les Miserables movie the night before. Because of that, I lacked sleep for the run. haha). I came from Cavite so when the jeep passed the Coastal Road, I saw runners for 21 kilometers already trailing the highway. I got pumped up and excited when I saw them. At the same time, I got nervous. This is a physical challenge and there's no shortcut on doing this. A CHALLENGE! Ahh... That's what I liked about this.

I came alone to the venue and joined by my bestfriend Jovy (running for 10k. Strong!) and her boyfriend Wally. She was late and got left by her batch. But she proceeded anyway. While waiting for my batch, I asked Wally to take a picture of me. Here's one:

sans make up


I was confident I can finish 3k but I was worried I will not finish my run with a good "time". I had unsupervised training. I have no idea what training I should do and my training intervals are long. Before I knew it, the run started. It started almost 8 so the sun is already up.

>>> FAST FORWARD >>>

Finished the run! Yay! The hydration station Pocari Sweat helped me a lot to quench my thirst.

After the run, I went straight and retrieved my finisher's shirt and free mini duffel bag. Back at the venue, I was surprised with the outpouring of freebies from different kinds of goods. Hydration stations are overflowing. Surely, 7Eleven exceeded my expectation. Lots of runners who attended events like this only have positive feedback. Not bad for my first run experience.

Now, for some pictures!

Adrian, Jovy, Me and Ate Weng

Me and my bestfriend Jovy enjoying some freebies :3


We went straight ahead to the church we're attending while we're still in our singlet. Gee, Jovy really got excited and I know somehow she wanted people to see we came from a run. Haha. We changed into our finisher's shirt shortly after we arrived. All in all, its a fun and unforgettable experience. Definitely will do a repeat! Hopefully next time for 5k :P


Finisher's shirt baby!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the mention, kathy nicegirl.
    that's great you enjoyed your first experience.
    hope you can try the upcoming Milo Marathon.
    http://ww1.nestle.com.ph/milo/marathon/race-schedules.html

    ReplyDelete